Dear
Family and Friends,
This
past week we had Thanksgiving at a member’s home, Bro. Dean Schaeffer. He is my
favorite member of the ward. He helps the missionaries out a lot!
Yesterday
we had 2 investigators come to church! One of the investigators was a woman
that just showed up with her sister (who is a member). We
taught her the first lesson! It was pretty shocking to have someone just show
up… out of the blue… and be at church… and then being able to teach them the
first lesson!… hahaha
On Wednesday I got a new Senior Companion, Elder Irwin from Pleasant Grove Utah. He has
been out a year and hasn't had a baptism yet. He is a hard worker and I believe we will be
able to do a lot of missionary work in this ward. If we keep praying and
working hard we could have a couple of baptisms in the next 2 months!
Elder
Irwin taught me a cool way to help less active members. Instead of just asking
them to church, you ask, “Do you know what CTR stands for?” They usually will
say, “Choose the Right” Then you say, “Do you know what it stands for as
an adult?” It stands for “Current Temple
Recommend.” Then we ask, “How long has it been since you visited the Temple”? If they
haven’t ever been to the Temple or have not been for a long time, you share
with them about the importance of having the Temple in their lives. We then
offer to help them achieve the goal of going back to the Temple or going for
their first time. I really like this way and I know it will really bring the
Spirit more into their lives!
Each
new companion does Missionary work differently and some times it’s hard to
adjust to all the changes in how they want things to run. I know that with this
new companion there will be a lot of success, simply by obedience and work.
I
have grown a lot since my last 2 transfers (each being 6 weeks) I can plan
better and do better in teaching lessons. I still feel I need to improve a ton
though!!!
Every
Sunday I see how much more Missionaries can add to the wards and can really help
the Ward with the memberships. We have a whole map of everyone in the ward…
less actives… actives… and if it’s… a part-member family. We have teaching
records for all of them, so even when you are a new missionary, you can read
about each of them and know how to help them!
I
have been studying and reading my P-Blessing allot lately. I am beginning to
see how it is starting to come out in me. I see that my “Faith in Christ and
that the Church is true,” has been super strengthened! I feel that since
serving with other companions I have been able to gain greater understanding of
the gospel, and of myself. I want and desire to overcome “The natural man” in
me and become a more "Christ like person!"
Hahahaha
…Okay...so I just realized that when I get stressed or nervous I clean!! And I
mean...I deep clean! Haha… it’s so weird… I have found now that since I have
been away from you and Dad, I am noticing that both of your personalities are
coming out in me =/ …haha… it’s funny!
I have found that praying
to Heavenly Father helps a lot when you don't feel like you have anyone to talk
to… it can be pretty tough at times! I really miss talking with you and Dad! Please continue to pray for me that I will have the strength
to sacrifice myself for the lord! =)
I
love you all!!
Love,
Elder
Henke!
P.S.
...OH...I forgot! …I was able to see Taylor last week at transfers! That was
so awesome! =) We were able to talk for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment