Hey, Mom I love you!!!!
Sorry that I wasn't able to tell you that my p-day was
switched to Wednesday. My Zone went to the Columbus Temple. =D It was great!
I was also blessed to go last Saturday as well. =) I love
going to the temple!!! I plan on going to Utah when I get back and go to all of
them!!!
I
have grown a ton since my last companion and I’m really enjoying the growth
that I get when I’m taking the lead in lessons and most all of the other things.
I have learned to plan better and work with members better. I feel the arms of Heavenly
Father around me and it feels so good!!! I am becoming more confident and not
as scared to knock on a door anymore... although in rich neighborhoods I still
get a little anxious…hahaha….
Elder Irwin and I had a break through with one of our
investigators this week… =D After the lessons, we would always invite him to
pray, but he would just make an excuse and we would give in and just say the
closing prayer. The other day we were teaching him and we could tell that the
lesson just wasn't sinking in… so… I switched tracts and started
talking about the 1st vision. Then Elder Irwin read 1 Ne 10:19 to him and asked
him if he would pray. You could tell he really didn't want to, but we encouraged
him and told him that his prayer didn't have to be elaborate or anything,
just something simple. He finally said he would and started his prayer. He gave
such a simple sweet prayer. He asked for protection for his kids and
thanked Heavenly Father for other blessings in his life then he said “Thank
you Lord for sending these two angels and teaching me more of your word" …man...
I was getting all teary eyed and it was just a humble, full of the spirit kind
of prayer.
After the prayer he said to us that he thought he was
only going to be able to say a couple of words but then he kept going. (He
usually has a hard time getting across his point and his sentences usually
don't resemble what we taught him…hahaha) His prayer was direct and it was as
if he had always prayed before. He was so astonished to have prayed the
way he did… =) I pointed out to him that he was helped by the Holy Ghost,
that seemed to really hit home for him. We are super excited to see how he will
progress now!!!
Elder Irwin and I were invited to go to a “Birthday party for Jesus”... it sounds pretty sacrilegious and maybe it is... but really, we just ate food and read the Christmas story of his birth... than sang happy birthday to him... *sheepish look*… it was weird I admit.... but the spirit was strong... I was thinking of home and of all the love I have… and all the love I can feel from you Mom and the rest of the family and all my friends… =D… If it wasn't for the great love Heavenly Father has for me and all of the love from my loved ones I don't think I would be here today …=] …I feel more and more of the sacrifice that my Savior, Jesus Christ did for me! The longer I am serving a mission, it’s just unbelievable.... He gave up everything.... He has so much love for us. When times get tough I think of the part in the D&C… about the Lord talking to the Prophet Joseph Smith and enduring for a season... and that the Son of Man went below all things. That part really hits home! =) Not to mention I love reading about Alma and the Sons of Mosiah and what super great missionaries they were! You can really learn everything from them!
Well I love you Mom and Dad and all my Family and Friends!
Love, your son, the missionary Elder Henke!
Hey, a few extra thoughts
I
don't believe I will need my thermals yet, it hasn’t been that cold... its
funny the grass stays green all year here… hahaha … I can't wait to talk to the
family on Christmas! I only get 40 min. though... so better decided what it is
that you all want to talk about…hahaha
The family that we went to the party with are the Gales, Ethan and Hillary Gale…they feed us a lot and are a family away from home!
The family that we went to the party with are the Gales, Ethan and Hillary Gale…they feed us a lot and are a family away from home!
There is a missionary here that looks like Richard! …0.O
super weird!
I also have a feeling that I might start training, because when the new missionaries come in… they have to create 20-30 new areas!!!
Love
ya, Elder Henke

No comments:
Post a Comment