Tuesday, November 20, 2012




Hey, Mom. I love you!

Thanks for the package…tell Beau thanks for the gifts!  
I won’t know who my new comp is until we get there and they call our names.
OH…GUESS WHAT!!!  I shook an Apostles hand! Elder Nelson! He came for the Dayton East Stake Conference!!... It was so amazing! He was super funny. When I shook his hand he looked at me and said "We have a lot of work for you Elder" =)  Elder Nelson gave us direction from The First Presidency… that for the Dayton East Stake… they are going to have us missionaries, with the ward, at Ward Council, focus on the prospective Elders. He said there are (statistically) about 77 prospective Elders in every unit. So that will be our big push. 
It is so amazing to see how the Apostles are so “at one” with the Spirit... he didn't use any notes just his scriptures. I really received a personal Revelation that they, the Apostles, really do only teach what the people are spiritually prepared to hear! If we were more prepared he would have taught something else. What he did teach was awesome! But now I know that if you want to hear something greater, you have to be working for it!
We also had a big training this last week (Zone Conference). They have several workshops and in the workshops you usually have the Zone Leaders from the 2-4 different zones teach them, but this last week they asked Elder Blackburn and I to teach one of the workshops!

Mom... Thank you so much for cheering me up!

This last week has been the toughest.... since it was Elder Blackburn’s last week and everything… its just... man.... We've done a lot, but…haha...it just gets hard, especially when your comp can’t wait to go home... Although we've gotten along well, this last week we didn't do that good with finding or teaching lessons. We never taught as a real companionship... I feel like my teaching skills have gone down... not to mention the spirit because we haven't been up to par with everything. It’s crazy because there are some amazing missionaries and then, there are some super bad ones that should be sent home..... Mission life is so different than how I thought it was...... Mom this is going to be the toughest two years that I am going to experience.......

I have been reading my Patriarchal Blessing and also The Book of Mormon a lot!…actually I just finished it, and I’m almost halfway through it again.

Mom, I love you, SO MUCH. You and Dad are great examples to me =) I'm glad that you and Dad have got the prompting from the Lord that the family will be blessed…keep working with the spirit…it's REAL and powerful.

I love you!

Your son,
Elder Henke.





No comments:

Post a Comment