Wednesday, October 10, 2012








We just rode our bikes 25 miles!!!

Playing Pin-pong on our "P" day!!!

Should I go to bed?...or have a pillow fight!!!!





October 8th  2012




Hey, Mom, Dad, Family and Friends  I love you!

I know my mouth dropped!!!! WAIT CELESTE IS planning on going on a mission??? No way! I told her last week that she has special talents that would be perfect for being a missionary!

 I got Martha’s letter and replied last week!

I hope the house gets fixed and put back together… hahaha…I guess we were planning on getting rid of that part of the house anyhow.


We had a fire early Saturday morning about 2:30 am. We called 911…they got here in about 15min.  Dad and Jerome used fire extinguishers and got most of it out before the fire trucks arrived! The roof on the Entry building is about 2ft. taller than the hall and the kitchen. The fire was just billowing out of the roof and all over the front by the door! It would have caught the rest of the house on fire if it hadn’t been taller! Jerome thinks it was the towel he put in the micro to warm up to help Shantel after her miscarriage.  It got little hot so he threw it outside....must have caught on fire, we don’t know for sure.   We put all the burnt parts in Rusty and Diane Hathcock's trailer and are now redoing the entryway.

I don't think I shared a spiritual experience that I had a couple of weeks ago, when I was having my hardest time here in the mission.... I wanted to go home... I was having a tough time teaching and leading out with all of our plans.
  
We plan our next day every night before we go to bed-so that we will be ready in the morning. Our plan for the next day was to teach another lesson to an inactive family and then that night stop at a member’s home. The day went by pretty good, we did our laundry, washed the car and I wrote letters. That afternoon when we went to teach the appointed lesson, we had another neat spiritual experience.

When we arrived at the home, we had planned on sharing the First Vision… but making it more about the spirit. When I started to teach …the spirit…wouldn’t let me give the lesson that way... so I ended up focusing on prayer and the First Vision. After the lesson, the inactive Father shared with us his testimony, of how he knew the church was true through prayer and the missionaries knocking on his door.  He explained that soon after he had prayed, a few years ago, the Missionaries had knocked on their door and gave them a lesson on prayer. Now, again today, we as Missionaries gave that very same lesson on prayer, the spirit again testified to him that the Church was true! 

It was awesome!!!


After that lesson we went to a member’s house... like I said, I was having a tough time... we shared the First Vision with them… that went super well… I taught it the best that I had ever taught! After the lesson the 18 year old boy said... "I know that I will regret this but …did one of you want a blessing?” My heart pounded and I felt so touched because that morning and the night before, I had said to myself how much I had wanted a blessing....so I told him that I would like to have a blessing. In the blessing I could feel that the Lord literally was talking to me. He told me that I was doing a good job and that He knows how frustrated I have been with teaching and accepting rejection. I was told that He was with me and that He will be helping me through my upcoming trials... also that He loved me and my goodness. That blessing is what I needed so bad. Heavenly Father answers our prayers!!! He answers prayers for EVERY ONE of us! 

I am grateful to that 18 year old boy, for listening to the spirit and not being so afraid to speak up and ask us!!  That was a blessing I greatly needed!

I Love all of you!!!!

Elder Henke

No comments:

Post a Comment