Monday, October 1, 2012

Guess who is driving!!!
Just a little snack before we go!!!
This just couldn't be more beautiful!!!
                                                     



Hey, Mom!!! I love you!!!

Thank you for the package!!!! That was the best day ever!!! My comps name is Elder Requilme.. (Pronounced -Re-kill-me) he was a pro at table tennis which is what we are going to play today!

Grandma did!!??  Oh no.  That is so bad.   =(    I'll be praying for her!!!

Grandma Fitzgerald fell in the tub on Friday.  When she fell she hit the tub nozzle and the shower stopper embedded in her upper bicep, on her left arm. She ripped out both the bicep and the other muscle and nerve endings.  Lucky Aunt Marilyn was still there. She called 911. They took her to the hospital and operated on her quickly.  She is doing a lot better, but the Dr. wants her to go to a Rehabilitation place for 2 weeks. Marilyn and Jane are settling her in today. (This place will be allot like Grandma Henke's place.)

I feel like I am getting fat =(  I don't think that I have gained any pounds but I feel weird some times.... this last week was a good week! I feel like I have progressed so much more! I think it had to do with all of you and the families prayers! I surprised my companion even a couple of times while teaching... It's crazy how much I am learning about life in general. I am actually so excited for when I get back to sell mattresses.. They’ll be a synch... ha ha. I also want to maybe get a teaching degree so I could work for the church.

I hope you have been getting the pictures!  

This last week we had two great lessons! One from a lady we tracked into in some apartments... we had given her some homework and when we followed up she had done it! So tonight we are going to invite her to a baptismal date.   =)

Yesterday we had an awesome lesson with a referral from Alabama. They are an old couple who have a son who is an active member (he's been a bishop and such) but we had a great lesson and dinner with them. I believe they will be getting baptized soon as well.

I'm slowly but getting a lot better at being open and bold as well as in teaching... not quite smooth yet... but getting there. I love you mom!, and everyone!

My advice for any future missionary is to read the Preach my Gospel restoration lesson as well as the book of Mormon EVERYDAY! That is what strengthened my testimony!! You can even get little Preach my Gospel’s for about four dollars online.

I have a challenge for everyone to be able to give a perfect quote of the first vision (the part that is in the restoration pamphlets) OK!!! 

We taught the youth here yesterday at church... man.. I can't believe I was one of them at one point in my life... the gospel is true! So learn it and share it!

I love everyone!

Love Elder Henke!

No comments:

Post a Comment