Good Morning!!!
|
Cooking Breakfast before starting out!!!
|
|
Early Tuesday conference call... !!!
|
|
and a hat from some members!
|
|
|
|
My new
companion Elder Blackburn, myself and
Elder Riquelme!
|
|
We biked 36 miles this day!!! From Troy to Tipp, then Tipp
to Troy
then again Troy to Piqua then back to Troy…Crazy day!!! |
Mission
Goals!!!!
The
Ohio Columbus Mission goals are...
“500 Baptisms for this year”
We are very close but we have to get 50 baptisms,
as a Mission every month!
“500 Baptisms for this year”
We are very close but we have to get 50 baptisms,
as a Mission every month!
My Trainer was TRANSFERRED!!!! Elder Riquelme was made a
zone leader! I have a new companion and trainer Elder Blackburn from Cowley
Wyoming. This is his last area, only 6 weeks left in his mission! =/ which
kind of stinks because I’ll be getting another new companion the day before
Thanksgiving!!!
It's crazy how much I
didn't know my area... I guess I have only been here for 6 weeks, but man...
with Elder Rquelme gone, I have to show the area to my new comp. I feel like
we've started from scratch. It’s weird... he works differently than my last
trainer by a lot! We tracked from 12:00 – 8:00 one day. That is biking between
25 – 35 miles in a day!! Usually with my first companion, we would have split our
day of tracking with visiting less actives in the ward area.
Okay here is the story for this week!
One day as we were walking back to our car from a referral,
a member had given us, (this happened Sat.) a lady came out yelling… hey… hey… I need to talk to you! What church are you
from? We stopped and she invited us into
her opened garage. She told us that a few months ago her son had died. She has been having a hard time with life
lately… just wanting to give up! Earlier
that day she had been walking by a church, hearing the sound of a church choir,
she was filled with peace. Later when she saw us walking by, she knew she
should try to talk with us. As we started sharing the first message of the
restoration, she said she could feel an even greater peace than what she had
felt earlier that morning. She knew that
the morning peace had prepared her to find us. She wouldn't have been thinking
of religion, had she not felt the peace earlier and would not have stopped us
as we were passing by.
Even though things can be different... companions change... even
doing your whole day completely different ...the Gospel never changes and the Lord
can still work through us!
Elder Blackburn, I can tell needed to be in this area… to
teach me how to have more than one way of finding and teaching people.
I love and miss all of you!
Love,
Elder Henke
No comments:
Post a Comment