Thursday, September 20, 2012


Dear Mom and Dad, Family and Friends,

Mom that sounds like a special experience =) I'm so glad that you were able to experience it!
I love you so much Mom and Dad and Cammy! and family!!!

Dad,  I"m seeing what you meant when you were  serving in England when the people would say "Oh I don't believe in God" and then later say "Oh I go to the church of England"  =S  There are so many churches here, it's insane!  I have never seen or met so many different religions in my life!

Last Sunday I had the hardest, most homesick day that I had ever experienced!  I just wanted to go home.... and give up... but Elder Riquelme has been helping me and I've been receiving strength from the Lord!  We had a fast from Monday - Tuesday which really blessed us! I know why I am here, I know that the church is true! I have never before now, had such a testimony of Joseph Smith like I do now! =D

I love you so much!!!

 Elder Riquelme and I were knocking on doors... (Which I have a hard time doing, because I need to work on my door approach) We came to the last house and knocked, an old lady with a walker opens the door and we tell her who we are and that we would like to share a message about Christ. She told us that we were an answer to  her prayers. We were able to give her the first lesson and share the first vision with her.   =)  Tears came to her eyes as we shared the restored gospel. She told us that we were an answer to her prayers and that right before, while we were knocking she was praying that the Lord would help her. ALSO... (I think this is AWESOME) when we shared the first vision she felt good, but also healthy. She is 89 and she said her bones just hurt all the time, but when  we came into her home, she stopped hurting instantly!  =D

Elder Riquemle showed her some pictures of his family and of Chile.. she asked if I had some, but I don't have any pics from home... =( ... it felt so right and good to be there! Because I had been complaining in my heart, that tracking really wasn't going to be all that progressive in that neighborhood, the Lord indeed sent us a wonderful blessing! I am now repenting of my complaining heart!

She invited us over for the next Saturday, but... later we got a call saying that her children didn't want us coming over. But, we planted a seed!

I know you are blessed when you are doing what you are suppose to be doing, you will find those who will accept the gospel. Some will feel the Holy Ghost and deny it, or others will just take the easy way, because they don't want to have any conflicts with family and friends.

 Oh, something that is exciting!! My real first week in the field (probably the later part of the week) Elder Riquelme and I were visiting less active/part member families when Elder Riquelme said that we needed to stop at someones house... apparently it was an old investigators home, a family, who had dropped the previous missionaries. They said, it was easier to go back to being a baptist because that was what they use to be... =(    The son answered the door and said his Mom was in the shower so we were only able to talk with the boy. We gave them a "Forever"  DVD ...about families being together forever.....I haven't had a chance to watched it yet...  and asked him to have his family watch it.

 Well!!!

We had a fast yesterday, because we have been struggling on finding people, when out of know where this family, who we gave the DVD to, three weeks ago, called and want to take discussions again and they said they know that the church is true!!! =)    AWESOME!

Love you all,

Elder Henke

No comments:

Post a Comment