Dear Family and Friends,
This past week was pretty great! I met a family called the Ogdens.
(Who had lived in Ogden Utah).. lol... Last week we had a meal with their
family as we started the dinner conversation Bro. Ogden asked if I had
family in Delta Utah?..... hahaha..... then he asked if I was Norman Henke's son?
hahaha... I told him that Norman was my uncle. Apparently when Bro. Ogden
was younger he had worked for Uncle Norman. (which was pretty cool I
thought) Just another way that the world within the church is small
Last
Thursday we had exchanges... I was paired up with Elder Bracken. When we
started talking about where we lived. I found out that he is from Gallop
New Mexico and is the Grandson of our Home Teacher Bro. Gardner.
Last Sunday one of the clerks in the
Piqua ward, (I am serving in Troy Ohio) said that they had gotten a phone
call from a lady in Seattle who's daughter was in the hospital and
asked if someone could stop by and give a blessing...So Elder Riquelme
and I were blessed to have the opportunity to go to the hospital to
administer. When we got there, the room was filled with 4 older people, two
little boys, and a man standing by his wife, who was laying in the hospital
bed. She was not active and her husband and the rest of the family
members weren't LDS, but she had wanted a blessing. She asked her mom, from
Seattle to locate someone who could administer to her. She was 12 weeks before she was due
for giving birth and at the same time =( she was passing
kidney stones!
When we found out that nobody in the room was LDS except
for Sister. Cool. (the Pregnant lady), we first explained what we were
going to do, then Elder Riquelme read out of the Bible how Christ
gave the Priesthood to his apostles to cast out devils and heal the
sick. The blessing was so magical... the room was still and
quiet you could feel the Holy Ghost so strong!!! =) A very tender mercy.
Oh, and for a
greenie the first transfer is supposedly 12 weeks, (because of training)
then from there it is 6 weeks
I
miss all of you and love you all!
Love Elder Henke!
PS. If anyone has sent me a letter from the past 2 1/2 weeks... I haven't received anything yet. =(
No comments:
Post a Comment