Thanks Dad!
I've been praying to do better! Our Mission
President is having us change our way of door approaches.... more like a
salesmen.... it's a lot harder and it's something that I really need to improve
on… hahaha
You know it’s so funny.... we have
been going to the seminary here like once a week and have been helping out. When
I see the seminary students I see myself... I remember how I never felt like I
had time to read and ponder the scriptures... usually it was more like… how was
I suppose to study them to get something out of it. Since serving, you find your self getting
asked questions that you don't know or can’t explain that well... so you are given
the drive to find the answer for someone else. Missions are from the Lord, if
they weren’t, I wouldn’t have learned all that I have learned since I left home…
=) I love feeling the Holy Ghost reveal
to me a gospel principle or show me the love that Heavenly Father has for me
and others… =)
Thanks Dad for teaching me to look
deeper!
Thanks Mom!
Yeah...I think he has been noticing
it. When we first were put together we would decide on what we would teach our
investigators the morning before we taught them. The past 4 weeks we haven't
been doing that and I find myself lost in what they should be taught. Now the
reason why we had kind of gone away from how we first did it was that.... Elder
birch would sometimes change the lesson when we showed up.... usually it was a
great idea and something that our investigator needed at that point… but it's
hard... when it feels like you aren’t receiving any revelation in what to
teach.... I don’t know, it's pretty crazy..... I have found I tend to go the
way of no conflict.... I really dislike it..... I believe that is part of why I
have been taking the back seat..... Mom I am finding out that I’m not a
natural.... rebellious person or prideful...... I am in my own different areas
but not all the time or not like how others are.
Last week I was getting frustrated
since we haven't been finding anyone.... and it was also the day you told me
about casting the evil spirit out of Celeste... well that night after Elder Birch
and I were sort of done planning I was getting super angry and I didn't really
know why. I know partly it was because I
didn't think that our plans were going to be effective in finding a new
investigator and the other part was stress of not being myself. Well Elder Birch
went to the bathroom and I felt like I was overcome by something... I was literally
fighting within myself with something...... I was able to calm down a little
bit and when Elder Birch came out of the bathroom I asked for a blessing. He
gave me one and it all went away! In the blessing things that I know Elder Birch
wouldn't have known were mentioned… like "you have been feeling like your
light has been in the shadow of another" …" your tongue will be
loosed and your light will shine”.... “Know that Heavenly Father is around about
you"
Mom I love the gospel.....
I printed off the letter that Sis Downard
sent to you which she is awesome! I am so happy that she did that! I was
feeling kind of bad when all my other companions had members that liked them so
much that they would contact their families.... but anyhow… I was reading that
letter and came to the part of her saying that when I share my testimony of the
gospel that you can tell that I know it is true…well I was thinking about it
and I had such a warm warmth come over me… =) Mom I really do know that the Church
is true! It’s such a wonderful thing! The scriptures, the Prophets, and Apostles
the whole organization is Divine from Heavenly Father… =)
Well I love you Mom!
Elder Henke
No comments:
Post a Comment